Page 3 of 3
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:11 am
by skittlesthehusky
taking the brief opportunity to directly link a couple of videos from Paulie Esther and Arcturus that go over this topic, both having been uploaded recently at the time of this post.
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:29 am
by MechWarrior3
Its been X amount of days since Mandy has announced that the forums on DBD was being deleted. I am not gonna lie. I am still not over it. Its hitting a little harder to home than I thought It was going to. (Excuse my typos and poor organization on this post...I am tired.)
I am also angry with behavior that they are not evening willing to preserve us. Just straight up raw knowledge, data all of it..deleted.
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:53 am
by Xray
Between removing the forums and moving to such an inferior way of getting feedback with Discord. its left me with such a bad taste in the mouth. Yet another time BHVR has disrespected their player base.
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:46 am
by TCH1990
MechWarrior3 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:29 am
Its been X amount of days since Many has announced that the forums on DBD was being deleted. I am not gonna lie. I am still not over it. Its hitting a little harder to home than I thought It was going to. (Excuse my typos and poor organization on this post...I am tired.)
I am also angry with behavior that they are not evening willing to preserve us. Just straight up raw knowledge, data all of it..deleted.
It felt like a gut punch to be honest.
I wish they could at least put in
some effort to preserve what history has been written there.
But no, that would unfortunately be up to the community to spend time on doing.
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:08 pm
by HexSlugged
Hello all. thanks to the person who created a solution to the forums being murdered. Discord is a horrible place for every company to force down your throat. its not simple to navigate when its designed in such a way that discord wasnt built to operate, i do not understand what the problem with the forum is.
Steam forums are the most low quality cesspit that exists for dbd discussions. reddit is shitposting 80% of the posts or more substance less garbage and discord isnt a forum.
killing the forums which i would say are plenty active is a weird decision and is definitely where the highest quality discussions can be had (of course most wasnt quality but at least it existed)
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:46 pm
by skittlesthehusky
HexSlugged wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:08 pm
Hello all. thanks to the person who created a solution to the forums being murdered. Discord is a horrible place for every company to force down your throat. its not simple to navigate when its designed in such a way that discord wasnt built to operate, i do not understand what the problem with the forum is.
[snip]
hello! that would be me. glad i can offer a place to stay
the forum worked against BHVR extensively from what it seems like. open criticism, unanswered questions, poor management and misuse of forum features, history that reflects badly, cost cutting, etc. can all be driving factors. either way, its a net negative. i also heavily dislike the notion of everybody pushing discord as this "magical place to be". even discord itself struggles to be a 'catch-all' platform and its development team knows this.
it's all around just really, really bad.